Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday March 08, 2009

Today is a day that I will never forget! Elder Russel M. Nelson came to our stake to call a new stake President! Our previous stake presidency has been in for about 9 years now and I guess it was time for a change :). As he walked into the room it was very cool because it was dead silent. Not just quiet, but quiet enough to literally hear a pin drop. It reminded me of when President Hinkely died and during his services it was the same silence. Even all the babies were silent. This kind of silence was a kind I did not know existed! Our new stake president happens to be our neighbor and also happens to be the father of the girl who was my first friend when we moved here. She is kind of like a younger sister to me so it was kind of fun see her face! Also, hearing the testimonies of all our previous stake presidency and our new one as well as well as the stake patriarch and the mesa Arizona temple presidency! That was I think my favorite part!!!! :) I am really excited for this new stake presidency!

1 comment:

  1. I too thought that was extremely neat just how absolutely quiet it got when he came in.

    ReplyDelete